Miracle League Fields – Fairfield, Ohio
Magna Engineers served as the mechanical and electrical engineer for the Joe Nuxhall Miracle League Fields, a two-field complex suitable for tournament play. The facility is designed specifically for disabled children. Plans are also underway to allow use from other groups such as local disabled veterans and seniors’ groups. The site will accommodate future expansion, including both a fully handicapped-accessible playground for younger children and additional Miracle League fields.
The complex includes:
- Two rubberized softball fields. These fields are made of a durable, spongy, painted rubber surface that will allow wheelchair-bound individuals or individuals with trouble walking to play safely.
- State-of-the-art handicapped-accessible restrooms
- Level parking lot with an abundance of handicapped-accessible parking and level sidewalks and ramps connecting each of the ball fields
- Ground-level, covered dugouts
- Electronic scoreboards
- A pavilion that housing a concession stand, equipment storage and a press box
- Stadium-style seating for spectators
- Sportslighting for the fields
- LED parking lot and flagpole lighting